Sometimes we get stuck seeing things our way. Would you like to see some things through another set of eyes? Maybe it will make you think and stretch or maybe just chuckle or shed a tear. Here is my world through my eyes...

Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Music #6: Khadja Nin -- Mama


Khadja Nin is a singer from Burundi Africa.  She was the youngest of eight children of a diplomat and was known for her beautiful voice since she was a young child.  Her singing career really took off after marrying her husband who was in the music business in Europe.  I read that she sings in Burundi, Swahili and French.  Needless to say I don't understand the songs but they sound very pleasing, and although I don't know what this song is about other than Mama, I thought it would be an enjoyable listen to help us think of our mothers. 

Khadja Nin -- Mama  




She is quoted as saying, "But you know, I try to stay very calm with it (music career) because I came to music rather late in my life and by accident. Actually, music came to me like a gift from God"

 

1 comment:

  1. VERY cool song!! it's got a great sound :) i can't understand most of it either, but i thought it was neat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...